In the past, Microsoft allowed had a very simple way to insert a PowerPoint presentation into a blog post. Sadly, they no longer offer that service unless you have a business or “pro” account. There is still a simple work-around though, and it just requires a couple extra steps.
- Sign up for an account on SlideShare.net, and confirm your email address immediately.
- At the SlideShare site, click on the “Upload” button (the big orange one in the top right of the screen), and upload your PowerPoint presentation.
- Click on the button under the video that says “Share.” Then click inside the “Embed” box. The code will automatically be selected, right click and copy it.
- Back in your blog post or page, switch from the “Visual” tab to the “Text” tab in the top right of the area you write your post in. Right click where you want to insert the presentation, and select “Paste.”
- Preview your page or post to make sure you like it, and then publish it.
If you’re a visual person, here’s a video of me showing you how to do it: