The lovely Aysegul of Foolproof Living reached out to me for a custom blog design.
- Making her blog design reflect her style.
- Not getting enough traffic from Google even though she was doing everything she could with good SEO practices.
- Having a more clickable and engaging blog so visitors would stay longer.
The WordPress theme she had been using was more focused on drag-and-drop features and being design-friendly than it was about SEO.
Aysegul knew just what she wanted her blog to look like, and all of the special features she wanted it to have, so we discussed what we could do together, and got to work on a complete re-design.
What we did:
We built her new blog on the fast, secure, and SEO-friendly Genesis framework, and every last detail is custom coded by me, and designed by Aysegul herself.
So many aspects of this project were so fun. We created:
- A custom, filterable video page where she could post all her videos and visitors could sit down and binge-watch (and they are definitely addictive enough to do so–they literally distracted me a couple times while building it and I paused to watch a few).
- Pop-in images to the next and previous posts when a visitor scrolled down towards the end of a blog post.
- She already had a filterable recipe index, but we customized it more, and added the “Load More” button to the bottom so visitors didn’t have to click and wait for a new page to load to see the rest of the recipes. (We added that to her home page and category pages too.)
For all the pretty little details included everywhere, Aysegul just explained what she had in mind, or sent examples that she liked, and I got to work creating it, then we worked together to refine it.
Aysegul is so happy to have a blog that reflects her style, and since switching to her new theme, we have dramatically improved the time it takes for her blog to load, and her blog is getting more and more traffic from Google every day!